Once you purchase your candle and it leaves our shop, it is 100% your responsibility to use your product in a safe manner.
Using candles safely in your home is incredibly important. Burning an open flame indoors should be taken seriously at all times to keep yourself, your family and your property safe – fire can be deadly. Read our candle guide to make sure you are using your candle correctly!
•Trim your wick to 6mm before each lighting to avoid smoking and overheating! Trim it every single time you light your candle , otherwise soot can build up at the end of the wick causing a little ball of soot that makes your flame too large and vessel too hot !
•Always protect the surface on which the candle sits. Even jar candles can become quite hot ! Always place on a heat resistant surface. and dont burn your candle anywhere near flammable items like bedding
•The first burn of any candle should be long enough for the entire top layer of wax to liquify. This will ensure an even burn for each light. Wax holds a "memory" meaning if you burn your candle for a short time the first time you light it you may create a "tunnel" in the wax.
•Refrain from burning candles longer than 3 hours at a time, The vessel may become too hot and at 3 hours your wick may need trimming again ! Allow the candle to fully cool and the wax to fully set before trimming and re-lighting your candle.
•Never leave a candle burning unattended !!always stay near and be ready to extinguish if needed. A candle is a controlled fire in your house and needs to be treated as such! When fire is involved, anything can happen !
•avoid placing in a draft, this can cause your flame to blow to one side causing one side of your jar to get to hot !
•keep away from pets, or small children. The candle jar will be hot after burning, so allow the wax to cool completely before handling! Once the flame is extinguished make sure the wick is upright and centred. Extinguish the flame carefully by snuffing it rather than blowing on it.